Interview Transcription Services
Interview transcription is one of our specialties, and here at McGowan Transcriptions, we have been delivering high quality, cost-effective interview transcription since 1993.
Over 26 years in the business has allowed us to work with a range of clients transcribing interviews across many varied sectors and industries, providing them with the highest standard of transcription of audio and video recordings.
Using our standard transcription templates, we provide strict verbatim and intelligent verbatim transcription, as well as edited interview transcripts. We transcribe from all digital audio files including MP3, WAV, WMV and DSS; as well as MP4, MPEG and DVD files.
The Benefits of Transcribing Interviews
Transcriptions of audio recordings have far greater utility than a raw recording; however, the transcription process is a time consuming one!
Outsourcing your transcriptions to our team of specialist transcribers will save you many hours of hassle, time and effort! Our specialist transcribers are able to cut through the background noise to deliver fast and accurate transcripts the first time around.
Your fully transcribed interview will be easy to store, edit and analyse – whether that be for academic or market research purposes, for publication or to provide subtitles for video interviews and podcasts.
Interview Transcription Services
Our interview transcription service includes dictations, research interviews, presentations, one-to-one depth interviews and triads. Covering a wide range of topics, our specialist transcription service team is dedicated to ensuring all of your interview transcriptions are complete and accurate.
The McGowan transcription interview service team understand an interview takes place to gain insight, and that every word needs to be listened to and heard — and then put into a transcript in the format a client has requested.
With 26 years of experience behind us, we know the importance of reliable interview transcription and pride ourselves on exceptional results. Our turnaround times are guaranteed too – we’ve never missed a deadline!
Transcribing interviews with confidentiality is of utmost importance to us – we are fully compliant with GDPR and data protection laws and promise to handle all data with the sensitivity required.
Why Choose McGowan Transcriptions for Interview Transcription?
Your words are our business – and that’s why unlike other transcription companies we never subcontract! By keeping our services strictly in-house we are able to ensure confidentiality and guarantee fast, accurate transcription of interviews.
- All McGowan Transcriptions transcribers are native English speakers – this allows us to understand the context, regional dialects, and slang; eliminating misheard and misunderstood words when transcribing an interview.
- The ID, nationality and immigration status of all our staff is carefully checked; and each member of the McGowan Transcriptions team signs a comprehensive confidentiality agreement before undertaking any work for McGowan Transcriptions.
- We upload files using Global Lounge – Our bespoke file upload platform has a 2GB upload capacity and guaranteed 100% uptime; meaning it’s there when you need it.
- We have 27 years’ experience, 40 professional transcribers, 600 hours of weekly transcripts and over 930 satisfied customers worldwide!
Interview Transcription FAQs
What is a transcription of an interview?
It is the process of documenting (writing down) a conversation between two or more people. It sounds easy, but in actual fact requires immense concentration and without training most people find it very difficult to do so adequately. Interview transcriptions can be done in real time from an audio or video recording.
How long does it take to transcribe an interview?
The industry standard time is about 4 hours to transcribe one hour of clear audio, or about one hour for every 15 minutes. An interview 45-minutes long should take about 3 hours. This is an approximate number. Depending on the circumstances (how clear the audio is, if jargon terms are used) the process may be quicker or longer.
How fast do transcribers type?
Our professional transcribers can work on time-sensitive projects to the speed of up to 75 wpm (words per minute). The actual speed can change depending on the nature of what is being transcribed. There is no official typing speed in the transcribing profession, though most transcriptionists can type at a speed of at least 50 wpm.
Talk to Us Today About Your Transcription Needs
GET A QUOTE
Need A Quote? Want To Upload Your Files Now?
- Quality is never compromised
- We are honest, transparent, ethical, and fair
- We will never produce a sub-standard transcript
- Constantly moving forward
- We treat every client and transcriber equally
- We invest in our team and provide consistent on-going training and opportunities for advancement
- You get what you pay for which is why our transcribers are paid well
- We have a five-day week to give our team a good work/life balance
- We believe in allowing our team to unplug and do not contact them after 6pm