Interview Transcription Services
Interview transcription is one of our specialties, and here at McGowan Transcriptions, we have been delivering high quality, cost-effective interview transcription since 1993.
Over 28 years in the business has allowed us to work with a range of clients transcribing interviews across many varied sectors and industries, providing them with the highest standard of transcription of audio and video recordings.
Using our standard transcription templates, we provide strict verbatim and intelligent verbatim transcription, as well as edited interview transcripts. We transcribe from all digital audio files including MP3, WAV, WMV and DSS; as well as MP4, MPEG and DVD files.
Interview Transcription FAQs
What is a transcription of an interview?
Interview Transcription is the process of documenting (writing down) a conversation between two or more people.
It sounds easy, but in fact requires immense concentration and without professional training most people find it very difficult to do so adequately. Interview transcriptions can be done in real time or from an audio or video recording. Interview transcription is required when a conversation is deemed important enough to be transcribed and put into text, shared, analysed, published etc.
How long does it take to transcribe an interview?
If you are not a trained transcriber the sky is the limit in terms of how long it may take to transcribe a 60 minute interview! The transcription industry standard time is between 4-6 4 hours to transcribe one hour of clear audio, or about one hour for every 15-20 minutes. An interview 45-minutes long should take around 3-4 hours. This is an approximate number. Depending on the circumstances (how clear the audio is, if jargon terms are used, accents) the process may be quicker or longer. As our transcription team are professional and highly skilled, we normally transcribe around 40 hours of interviews every day.
How fast do transcribers type?
Our professional transcribers can work on time-sensitive projects to thOur professional transcribers can work on time-sensitive projects to the speed of up to 90 wpm (words per minute). Having said this, the actual transcription speed can change depending on the nature of what is being transcribed. There is no official typing speed in the transcribing profession, though most professional transcriptionists can type at a speed of at least 50 wpm. At McGowan Transcriptions our transcribers have a minimum speed of 75 wpm with the majority hovering around 90 wpm. This dramatically slows though if the recording is of poor quality, has strong accents, a complex template or is of a technical or medical nature.
Do we use Humans or AI?
Yes, AI transcription services can be useful, and they do have their place, but for the most part, the best way to transcribe your audio and video files is still to have a human being involved. Manual transcription will convert your audio files into the most comprehensible and legible text format, ready to use right away. This provides you with high-quality transcriptions that are error-free, well formatted and compliant. A few of the other benefits of using human transcription services include:
- Being able to ignore background noise and ensure it doesn’t make it into the final transcript.
- Handling and understanding regional accents and dialect, or non-UK accents, without errors.
- Being able to identify any number of different speakers in a recording.
- We can adapt to different templates and follow any specific guidelines, so your transcripts are unique.
- If you want a verbatim transcript, AI won’t be able to cope with it. Human transcribers can include laughter and other noises where AI can’t even recognise it.
In short, human transcribers can do a lot of things that AI software just isn’t sophisticated enough to handle yet. True, it is a more expensive option than using software, but the end result is a far better quality of transcription that you can be confident is correct and ready to use. At McGowan Transcriptions, we will always prefer using human transcribers over AI solutions, because while we’re a big fan of technology, this is one area computers just haven’t caught up with yet. We’ve been transcribing since 1993, so you can be sure we have the experience, expertise, and technology to provide you with the most accurate transcriptions possible for your business.
The Benefits of Transcribing Interviews
Transcriptions of audio recordings have far greater utility than a raw recording; however, the transcription process is a time consuming one!
Outsourcing your transcriptions to our team of specialist transcribers will save you many hours of hassle, time and effort! Our specialist transcribers are able to cut through the background noise to deliver fast and accurate transcripts the first time around.
Your fully transcribed interview will be easy to store, edit and analyse – whether that be for academic or market research purposes, for publication or to provide subtitles for video interviews and podcasts.
Interview Transcription Services
Our interview transcription service includes dictations, research interviews, presentations, one-to-one depth interviews and triads. Covering a wide range of topics, our specialist transcription service team is dedicated to ensuring all of your interview transcriptions are complete and accurate.
The McGowan transcription interview service team understand an interview takes place to gain insight, and that every word needs to be listened to and heard — and then put into a transcript in the format a client has requested.
With 28 years of experience behind us, we know the importance of reliable interview transcription and pride ourselves on exceptional results. Our turnaround times are guaranteed too – we’ve never missed a deadline!
Transcribing interviews with confidentiality is of utmost importance to us – we are fully compliant with GDPR and data protection laws and promise to handle all data with the sensitivity required.
Why Choose McGowan Transcriptions for Interview Transcription?
Your words are our business – and that’s why unlike other transcription companies we never subcontract! By keeping our services strictly in-house we are able to ensure confidentiality and guarantee fast, accurate transcription of interviews.
- All McGowan Transcriptions transcribers are native English speakers – this allows us to understand the context, regional dialects, and slang; eliminating misheard and misunderstood words when transcribing an interview.
- The ID, nationality and immigration status of all our staff is carefully checked; and each member of the McGowan Transcriptions team signs a comprehensive confidentiality agreement before undertaking any work for McGowan Transcriptions.
- We upload files using Global Lounge – Our bespoke file upload platform has a 2GB upload capacity and guaranteed 100% uptime; meaning it’s there when you need it.
- We have 28 years’ experience, 40 professional transcribers, 600 hours of weekly transcripts and over 930 satisfied customers worldwide!
Talk to Us Today About Your Transcription Needs
GET A QUOTE
Need A Quote? Want To Upload Your Files Now?
- Quality is never compromised
- We are honest, transparent, ethical, and fair
- We will never produce a sub-standard transcript
- Constantly moving forward
- We treat every client and transcriber equally
- We invest in our team and provide consistent on-going training and opportunities for advancement
- You get what you pay for which is why our transcribers are paid well
- We have a five-day week to give our team a good work/life balance
- We believe in allowing our team to unplug and do not contact them after 6pm