Transcription Service – Best Tips On Choosing
A professional transcription service can help you save time in preparing the necessary data for research, analysis, and other purposes. The quality of a transcription service is assessed in terms of accuracy and price. There are a number of providers, but not all of them are equal. Here are tips to keep in mind when choosing a transcription service provider:
- Check the turnaround time. The best transcription service can deliver results fast and accurate. They offer same-day turnaround, too, which is convenient if you are trying to meet a deadline.
Work with a team of experienced transcriptionists. The best companies specialising in digital transcription only hire transcriptionists who have passed grammar and punctuation tests. They know that good punctuation is key to a good transcript.
- Avoid outsourcing. The most accurate transcriptions are produced by native English speakers. This is why it is always a good idea to work with a company that employs full time, native English speakers and can guarantee consistently high standards. Avoid those that outsource or subcontract their work to other transcription companies overseas.
- Check the confidentiality agreement. Choose a transcription company with in-house transcriptionists who can guarantee confidentiality. Employees of a professional transcription service company are obliged to sign a comprehensive and full confidentiality agreement. Their identities have been verified and they underwent thorough background checks, too.
- Choose an established company. A transcription service provider that has been around for more than 10 years is often more trustworthy than newer ones. Their resilience and years in the business are proof of their hard work. It shows that they are trusted by many clients.
- They should be easy to contact. The transcription company must offer phone and email support, so you can easily get answers each time you want to do a follow up or learn more about payments and delivery.
- Ensure secure delivery of transcripts. Choose a company that can deliver the transcripts securely through email or a Sharefile system, which only you can access for downloading. Some companies can work with your own delivery or uploading system if you prefer that they upload the transcripts there instead.
- Flexibility is important. Transcription services must be flexible in handling the needs of various clients. If you have a template for transcriptions, the transcriptionists should be able to work with them.
Blog by Joe McGowan