Small Acts of Kindess
At this time of year, we believe small acts of kindness can have a profound impact. At McGowan Transcriptions we look to inspire each other to be catalysts for positivity and find ways to show compassion and make a difference where we can. As it’s Christmas, we wanted to share a few examples of how we have helped others this year in case it inspires you in any way. If you can encourage others by adding to this list, please do!
- Volunteer at foodbank.
- Donated a coffee.
- Paid someone’s parking when machine didn’t work.
- Gave someone a car when theirs was smashed.
- Paid an elderly lady’s winter heating bill.
- Walked someone’s dog when poorly.
- Take peanut butter to Battersea Dogs Home.
- Bought batteries for someone who was in a rush and stuck at back of queue.
- Babysat for new parents.
- Share funny TikTok videos.
- Did the neighbour’s washing when their washing machine was broken.
- Put all the neighbours’ wheelie bins back where they belong after they’ve been emptied on a Friday.
- Helped an elderly lady with the self-scan checkout – she thought she’d queued for a ‘human’!
- Bought plane ticket for someone stranded in UK.
- Complimented an elderly lady on her fabulous make-up.
- Let someone go in front of me in the queue with less shopping than I had.
- Taken in deliveries for neighbours when they’ve been out.
- Offered to replace someone’s broken microwave with one I never really used.
- Paid for someone’s darts competition entry.
- Take my neighbour’s bins out every week as she has two little babies to look after.
- Offer to babysit friends and family’s kids.
- Water plants and feed pets for neighbours when they are away.
- Car shared when colleague’s car broke down.
- Paid for the car behind us order at a drive-through.
- Gone with a friend to her follow-up scans so she’s not alone when it’s bad news.
- Always there with wine and an ear in a crisis!
- Get elderly neighbour’s wood in for him each day.
- Keeping an eye on the neighbourhood kids.
- Volunteer at a prison quarterly.
Edit: Since compiling these acts of kindness, it has inspired us to share a weekly list on our Team messenger system to encourage each other, there are so many small things we can all do to make a difference to our world
#actsofkindness #humansolidarityday #together #positivechange #transcription