CALLING ALL TRANSCRIBERS – WE ARE RECRUITING!
Minimum 2 years conversational transcription experience required
We don’t recruit on a casual or ad-hoc basis; this role is permanent and indefinite.
McGowan Transcriptions are recruiting for both full-time and part-time professional transcribers who are specialists in transcribing group discussions and interviews. You will need to have experience working with a diverse range of material and you will be experienced at transcribing regional accents.
We transcribe everything from one-to-one interviews to group discussions with a wide variety of people, on hundreds of topics throughout the country. Our clients conduct very in-depth analysis of the transcripts we provide, which is why our quality has to be extremely high and second to none.
What we are looking for:
Minimum 3 days per WEEK, preferably 90-120 minutes per day with a 7am, next-day transcript delivery (progressing to 9am once you are fully trained).
If you wish to transcribe for McGowan Transcriptions you must have proven CONVERSATIONAL transcription experience and English MUST BE be your first language.
If you do not have over one year’s experience of transcribing group discussions then this role won’t be for you – if you do then you’ll never need work anywhere else again!
- Audio-typing, minimum speed of 80 wpm Minimum
- TWO YEARS previous transcription experience
- Able to complete upwards of 120 minutes of audio per day if applying for the full-time position
- English mother tongue
- Excellent command of English spelling, grammar, punctuation and general knowledge
- Excellent online research skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to very strict deadlines
- Familiar with audio editing and transcription software
- Flexibility required in working hours as recordings can arrive after 10am
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- You will be asked to complete a 5-minute group discussion test transcript as part of the recruitment process.
- You would greatly benefit from having a high speed broadband connection.
- DBS Certificate Essential…can be applied for after being offered the position.
Why work for McGowan Transcriptions?
Quite simply, we are the best agency in terms of looking after our fantastic team. You will be part of a loyal, professional team; have access to our team messaging system, tips forum and fun conversation boards, as well as receive on-going training from Quality Control. Many of our transcribers choose to go on various courses to help with their development, which we fully fund. We pay on 1st of the month, always, without fail. We value the right to switch off and have work/life balance so we do not contact transcribers after 6pm. We do not subcontract abroad and you will never have to compete with each other for projects but rather work with each other as part of a growing company that was established in 1993!
We encourage applications from transcribers who come from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds and who have English as their mother tongue. If you would like to see our Equality Policy please ask when you submit your CV.
If you are interested in this position please apply via our Vacancies page.
If you’d like to see a recent video of why you would want to work with us please check out this video from Joe McGowan.
Looking forward to hearing from you – Joe